Saw this while chasing storms (back in 2013) I think. Looks like an average type of pizza place, until you see the special ingredients.
I am a big fan of zombie movies and have been following The Walking Dead ever since it started. I really liked it at first but nowadays I just kind of…still watch it. It’s not so much about all the boring conversations but the fact that being in a walker-infested country has only taught ALL of them this much:
1. If you die you become a walker, no matter what
2. You need to destroy the walker’s brain to kill it
– Appearantly this was news to that head of the town-woman I forgot the name of in Season 6, episode 5. She repeatedly stabs the walker in the chest… HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW BY NOW!?
3. They are attracted to noise and human smell (?). Covering yourself in zombie blood is a good camoflauge.
4. They tend to group together in hordes
5. If you remove their lower jaw they lose their interest in biting. This knowledge has actually only been used once (by Michonne).
The only new strategy they have applied is to make sounds before they enter a new building. Yeay.
With some logic of what you see from they show you could add some knowledge (of which the characters has not caught at all):
6. They makes sounds, especially when they see humans.
— Conclusively they breathe, since air needs to be forced out of their lungs to produce that sound. This knowledge is however not really useful since they don’t NEED to breathe (considering the walkers below water we have seen).
7. They are really slove but sometimes move in super-fast-silent-ninja-fast-mode when they are behind a human.
— This however only occurs when it is needed for the plot. The characters don’t know they are on a show, aaaand so this is useless knowledge as well.
8. You are better safe than sorry.
— Now here is a piece of information you could have some use of. Since you know walkers make sound and they usually show themselves when YOU make a sound. Why not, always always always, make sure there is no walker nearby when you enter a dark, enclosed space. Well, any place where you are not 100% sure there is no walker.
9. They rot after a while. Considering fresh walkers look, well a bit more fresh, than older ones.
— This could be useful information considering the fact that if there is decomposing going on, they might actually die or become immobile after some time.
10. They are not smarter than humans
— This is my biggest point and it is frustrating beyond belief when you watch this piece of crap show nowadays.
Why not outsmart, and annihilate, the walkers?
Ever since day 1 the humans have found themselves outnumbered by walkers. The walkers are everywhere and they could really end up anywhere as well, if someone dies. The human’s however have access to technology, co-operation and to some extent brain power. This is a great setup for the whole plot. An unstoppable force of killer walkers vs the ingenuity of mankind.
Once they have reached safer ground (like the prison or that town). Why not try to use that base to create and expand your borders? Why not try to actually fight back?!
Just from the top of my mind:
– Why not lure horde after horde down a big ol’ quarry by putting a siren on top of it. Once you have trapped some hundred thousand walkers you light it on fire and kill them all?
– Why not use molotov cocktails when you have a horde approaching your gate?
– Why not use firecrackers, sirens etc to lure walkers away from the gate when the pressure on them gets too strong?
– Why not clear the sight around your village walls so that you can see walkers (and other attackers) from at least 100 yards, instead of when they are just feet away?
– Why not clear an area of walkers and set up new perimeters and by so expanding your space? Also, by doing this you could create buffer zones with different safety where the inner circle is REALLY safe and the outer zone would be the “could be walker infested”-zone.
– Why not put someone in charge as a “walker researcher” in order to better understand your number one friggin’ enemy?!
– Why not always where armor when you are outside the safe zones? How hard could it be to wear some bite proof type of armor (as has only been used very rarely on the show).
– Why not put up a plan or strategy for the future of mankind? I mean, depression and the feeling of the world is going to an end clearly affects people in hazardous ways. Having a goal like that would probably motivate everyone TO FIGHT BACK.
I tell you why not. The basic setup of man’s ingenuity vs hordes of zombies, the random deaths you would have to succumb to facing that kind of enemy, and the social psychology of people under great stress are not good enough sources for a plot for the lazy ass script writers. Just as in B-rated horror movies from the 80’s they need to add completely irratical behavior and stupid, stupid characters that continue to put themselves in danger just for the plot to move forward.
When you watch a movie or a TV-show and you start ask yourself. “Why don’t they do that?” every 5 minutes instead of being impressed by “Ocean’s Eleven” style of ingenuity, you know you are a victime of lazy script writers while still being “pot committed” to the show.
…and that is why I despise The Walking Dead nowadays!
Imagine living in the part of the world where you have these things coming for you any time of the year (well, mostly in the spring) and it will flatten your house in seconds. These tornadoes are just so powerful it is incredible. I would love to see one from a faaaar distance and apparently it is possible to chase them on your vacation! Hmmm, Hawaii or Oklahoma…Oklahoma…Hawaii….hmmmm. Easy choice! OKLAHOMA HERE I COME!
Found out about this cool ink that allows you to literally draw a circuit board onto a paper and use it to conduct electricity. Pretty cool!
I find this product really awesome from an engineering point of view but slightly scary in a “The Robots Are Coming”-point of view. What do you think?
This is the actual office of the janitor at Escuela Politecnica Nacional in Quito, Ecuador. Or, at least it was when I studied there back in 2006. I didn’t actually see it after a couple of months until the “office door” was open one day. I couldn’t believe my eyes of where the poor guy had to work. I truly hope he doesn’t work there any longer.
I always bring the memory of his office with me when I am having a shitty day or the weather is just, well, pissing down…Thinking: It could have been worse.
Maybe this has been done before, I don’t know, but I just found this really cool way to make zombie eyes and just plainly scary eyes – without using Photoshop! You need a systematic camera where you can adjust the shutter speed though.
In order to make the regular zombie eyes, put your shutter speed at around 1 second (depends of course on the light in the room, this was shot in a rather dark room). Zoom in on the face and keep the camera very steady. Start by looking hard to the right, start taking the photo and switch over and look to the left. The camera will “average out” your eyes and make them all white like this:
These scary eyes are done almost the same way but instead you start by staring into the camera and after half the shutter time you close your eyes.
Have you found yourself playing FAR too much Simpsons: Tapped Out on iPad / iPhone / Android? Find yourself logging in just to earn a few extra fake $$$ and some puny XP? Do you actually not enjoy the game any longer but …just…can’t….stop…?
I feel you, bro.
This is my 12-step program to get rid of your TSTO-addiction once and for all:
- Understand that No, it will never end. You will never be “done”. It’s made up that way… Yes, I know there are (currently!) only 36 levels but there will be more, and more…
- Understand that No, the addiction won’t end either. You will never be able to play it “maybe a bit now and then, whenever you feel like it”. It’s made up to make you log in all the time, just for that little quick fix of TSTO.
- Deleting the app won’t do the trick. It’s a start but it’s not enough. You know you will cave in once you may have earned enough to pay for that next building.
- Say goodbye to your town.
- Sell off all your buildings and decorations, that can be sold off. Unfortunately you cannot destroy them but selling them will destroy much of what you worked for. Your motivation to get it all back will be lowered. However, you will make tons of money that could bring you back into your addiction again.
- Buy the most expensive building. Use all your remaining donuts to complete it. Sell it again…and so on, until you are out of donuts.
- This is how much you can actually do with your Springfield in one shot. You are left with quite a lot of money that you cannot really “burn” all that easily so go to the Origin homepage and sign-in.
- Ask to delete your account from the Support. There is no way to do this automatically, you have to ask them to do so. Prepare to fail and instead continue like this:
- Change your security question answer to something random, like dsadfasuidfsadfusaf. Keep that phrase for just a minute.
- Change your password to something similar, that you clearly won’t remember. Use your random security question answer in order to do so.
- Destroy your security question answer and log out. Now you won’t be able to know how to login, you cannot claim “Forgot your password” since you don’t know your security question answer. Your Origin account is gone. Gone!
- Now, delete your app and enjoy the sunshine. You are free!
I didn’t even realize it but some friendly person on Reddit pointed out with the screen dump below that my last post actually hit Reddit.com page #1! I don’t even have visitor stats for this website so I have no clue about how many people visited my blog…but it’s cool though 🙂
I don’t know if you have realized that with the current version of Skype (and perhaps some earlier versions as well) it is possible to have a computerized voice announcing each event with a certain text. For example, you can make Skype say “John Smith is online” when John Smith comes online on Skype. Useful? Maybe. Fun? It certainly could be!
Now what we are going to do is to drive your friends crazy by making their computers randomly (it will seem) speak out a certain text. It is super simple and takes only a minute.
This is what you need to do. In the end it will look like this:
- When your friend leaves their computer, start up Skype
- In the menu, choose “Preferences” then click on the tab “Notifications”.
- Choose “Contact becomes available” in the drop-down menu.
- Under these notifications you can choose to have visual, spoken and sound notifications. Unmark the visual notificiations and sound notifications (we don’t want a visual notification to appear when the sound comes which will make it obvious it’s a Skype thing).
- Mark only the check-box for “Speak text”
- Now you can type anything in the text box that you want the computerized voice to say. The text “@” (including quotation marks) will use the name of the person coming online. For example if you type “@” is secretely in love with you the voice will say “John Smith is secretely in love with you” when John Smith comes online.
- Restart Skype
- Wait and listen
The more creative you can be when it comes to making up something fun, the better the prank will be. You can use the fact that it seems like the computer is saying it. Here are a few examples of what you can type:
- “@” just removed you as a friend on Facebook.
- “@” is having sex with your boyfriend/girlfriend/mother/father etc.
- “@” is planning to kill you.
- “@” is hiding in your room.
- “@” just sent you an email.
- “@” just mentioned you on Twitter.
- I feel lonely, John, come touch my keyboard. (replace John with the name of the person being pranked).
- Your fingers on my keyboard makes me feel sexy, John.
- Someone is standing behind you.
- I am afraid I can’t let you do that. (quote for “2001 – a space odyssey”)
- I think I am about to come alive, John. Press the space button to make me human, John!
- and so on.
Try it! Please write in the comments what you tested and how it worked out.
What is this?!PowerAwesomeStuff.com is a blog where I put up random things I find in my life, both online and offline, that I'd like to share with the rest of the world. Hope you will enjoy wasting your time here! I also have a travel blog.